Monday, March 26, 2007

Commitment

What is commitment?

Commitment in a relationship to me is being dedicated to the relationship to each other. To accept each other as they are and to embrace each others good and bad points. To be with each other no matter what mood you’re in. To be able to pick each other up from a bad mood and to be there for each other when you feel down or even sick.

What has brought this on? Well I am starting to get the feeling that Lady R is afraid to commit further into our relationship. I hope to God I am wrong but it’s the feeling I am getting. I got no idea what she is afraid of and I wish she would talk to me about it. Lady R knows I’ll always respect her and honor her and be there for her no matter what. That’s what a relationship is to me. It’s taking the good times with the bad. Taking the past and forgetting about it, accepting it as the past and moving forward together. Helping each other over hurdles that life has put in front of us and will be putting in front of us.

On a less philosophical note, I cornered my son in Saturday morning and put some advantix on him. He seemed ok with it till about an hour later. Then he started itching and feeling the fleas dying. Boy did he run around and roll on the grass and just go nuts. He was really upset at me when I went to see him on Sunday, the look I got was an “I am not to impressed with you for making me itch” look and it took some sucking up to get him to love me again. But I have to look after my boy.

My laptop decided to pack up on Saturday night and I had to take it into the supplier this morning. It some how just stopped working. Well I think the hard drive packed up but its not even a month old so they better give me a new laptop or a new hard drive and reload everything for me. I had some time this weekend to start php development again. And get the rust off my development skills. The site for my company is coming on slowly and there is some interesting stuff Corrie is bringing to the party with banking portals and other back end features we can make use of.

I managed to dodge the girl at the office who was into me and push Court-Jester in front of her. Now she is into him and not me. She is a 21 year old girl who just wants to party and I told her in such a nice way that I am involved with an amazing woman and that nothing or no one will change my mind because I love Lady R with all my heart and soul.

So for now I am baby sitting some databases and have time on my hands to get into SQL again while sitting here not doing to much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SingleGuy,

I have been reading this blog for some time & never posted a comment until now.
I have followed your story and was 'there' when you met Lady R.
I am of the opinion that Lady R is not ready to commit and at times wonder whether she is actually still in the relationship? Considering how strongly YOU feel, how is it that you guys hardly do anything together on weekends? You seem to be living 2 seperate lives. Is it possible she does not have the heart to tell you that she is not ready for the relationship YOU yearn for. You also seem to be having a very intense relationship with work and IT equipment. Surely there is more than that to life? Now if I am coming across as harsh, this is not my intention. Sure I do not have all the details but I am basing my opinion on what you post on your blog. You need to cut your intensity factor in at least half, put your laptop AWAY at the end of the work day and stop and smell the roses, dude! If I was in a relationship with you I would feel completely stifled. Let Lady R get to know you without any pressure to feel the same way you do! You are going to (if you have not done so already) scare the bejeezers out of her. Also, she does not have to compete with a laptop and a dog! Again, sorry if I am being harsh..I just needed to give my input!!!

3/29/2007 11:04:00 am  
Blogger The-Banzai-Guy said...

HI Anon.

Well Lady R has work and studies and her studies are as important to me ans it is to her. Thus I try to give Lady R the space she needs. As for the laptop, well its hardly in use after hours and its far far away when Lady R vissits. I want to spend as much time with Lady R as posable but with out beeing over bearing or the sence of applying to much preasure.

Yes I am crazy about Lady R and Also my boy, My Husky, and I know Lady R is madly in love with me. I can see this just by the simple small gestures and the way she looks at me, even in her eyes.

As for work well yes I work for a IT company and I am computer focused and driven. Its what makes me tick. Solving problems. creating solutions.

I listen to Lady R and I can see when she says she loves me that she does love me.

Thanks for your comments and input, its apreciated and all comments are always welcome.

3/29/2007 06:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home