Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Utter and Entire Shock

I had such a busy day yesterday that the guys form work and I decided to go out for drinks after work. Well busy and Mr. J was back in the office from leave so the tension was high by 10:00 in the morning already.

I got home and chatted to one of my friends on Google Talk. Mr Will told me that Miss Rose is pregnant. I nearly dropped off my chair and went to find my bottle Jack Daniels.

Why would I of had such a reaction well, I met Miss Rose when I was doing IT work for a digital X Ray company. She is young, 22 in fact, and working in a dead end job as a data capture / Debt clerk for a smallish X ray practice. She has no car but lives on the other side of town, She is renting a very small place and has almost no furniture and the biggest shock is she was so innocent and pure when I saw her last.

Some how, I can not see myself going through that. I kid is a very big responsibility and they cost a lot of money. I’d want to be married for at least 3 to 4 years before I have a kid, least want to enjoy my time with my wife and enjoy married life. I want to be able to give everything to my kid that I never had and that I had. I think that’s how all parents are.

But then again, a lot of my friends and I were chatting about kids and having them and all that kind of stuff. The one friend turned and said something derogative which in turn my other friend turned to him and said. “Well see. I am a happy mistake, you on the other hand are a planned misfortune” This kept my one friend quiet very quickly and also made me think. Maybe it’s better to just let it happen when the time comes and not plan to have children by a certain date.
Lady R and I chatted about kids and decided that we will be married for at least 4 years before we have kids. There is just too much things that we would love to do and experience together. Although I believe kids will be a joy with Lady R and they will be very beautiful kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home