Friday, November 10, 2006

Down and Up day

Mood: beyond Livid
State of mind: Numbed

Today started off with day 3 of Flat renovations.
Day one they lifted every loose wooden tile up and then they started gluing it with some black tar. These monkeys seem to get more tar on my walls than under the wood where it’s supposed to be. Got home to a seriously messed up kitchen, which was redone last week and a even more messed up bathroom. These yahoo’s went and used my bath mats as there personal towels. An towel is even missing. They seem to think that my flat is there personal domain. They even managed to break my toilet.

Well tomorrow is the last day for them to finish with my floors. I am just hoping that all the pains I am experiencing now will be worth it once the floors are laminated and polished.

I also managed to get my car back today after BMW decided to replace my turbo for the 4th time, This is after I threatened newspaper action and calling the head office in Munchen, Luckily I done work for BMW Mottorad Munchen in the past and I know some very good people there still.

Now my baby is going like a rocket. I was suitably impressed with the performance as I got kicked back in my seat as I pulled out of bmw’s workshop.

I went to my mums today and saw my boy again, for those of you who done know, my boy is a 2 year old Siberian husky. He is my pride and joy. Like folks feel over there kids so I feel over my boy.

And on a better note. I went to canal walk, a local shopping centre, to do some shopping and some retail therapy, luckily the gun shop was closed. I went for a bite to eat at a burger take away and while I stood there deciding on a burger or a steak roll a nice young lady came to queue behind me. She politely asked if I was in the queue and I said yes but I have not decided yet and so she can go in front of me. She noticed the company logo I work for on my shirt and asked me hardware or software. I was a bit shocked normally a woman won’t speak to a guy in South Africa. It’s the Guys job to chat to a woman first. I told her I mainly do Software and High level hardware. Turns out she used to be in It and moved to HR for another company. We placed our orders and chatted while we waited for the orders. She got hers first as she settled on a burger, and told me she is going to sit down and eat and I am welcome to join her. I got my steak roll and went to sit down with her. Turns out we have a lot in common and she stays in the same area as me.

My quick in and out of the shopping mall turned out to be a 3 hour long experience. We exchanged numbers and email addresses, and being the guy I am I done what my mom taught me. Walk a lady to her car in a deserted parking lot. She offered to take me to my car which was on the other side of the mall. I declined first and she insisted. Well I am never a guy to deny a lady her wish. We chatted some more in her car on the way to mine. And she suggested we get breakfast some time. Which of course agreed to.

So started a new friendship with a person I have met out of the blue. For further reference I’ll call this person Lady R.

Tomorrow is Friday and I hope to God that my floors will be done. My nose is closed due to the dust and my throught is sore from the swallowing of wooden dust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home