Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Distant Memories

Waking up this morning and standing in the shower I found my self thinking, thinking about the past about what could have been and about what could be. Eight years ago, Eight years ago I was engaged and looked forward to married life and having my own picket fenced house. Then everything changed. I found myself single and standing in front of a door to a morgue. Two days later I sold everything I owned and bought an open season ticket to Ireland. All I knew was my grandad was from Ireland, Cork to be exact. I had to go find my routes and find myself to be myself again, had to find me. So my journey began. I found myself in a country that I did not know and amongst people I did not know.

Then I think to today and how all that was the past has changed me. I am more work focused and have been for the past seven years. I guess life does have its round about swings.

About 3 months ago I met a very interesting woman. Very patient and also work driven, as luck might have it she is in IT as well. And things have been going at a slow enough pace. I got to the age where fast dating just does not work. The age where you realize it’s about quality not quantity and quality time is always better then a lot of short spent time together. So for now its one day at a time and just let it flow. After all nothing good is worth rushing,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home